Large Design/Build Firm Simplifies IT, Discovers Surprising Performance with Cloud Workstations
Providing BIM managers and design engineers anywhere-access to GPU-intensive apps and project data transforms the business
After grappling with replicating and maintaining massive amounts of project data across more than 17 locations, Southland’s IT team realized their current approach was fast becoming unsustainable, and they had reached a crossroads: Either invest more in data center infrastructure or completely change their approach. While this was the most urgent problem to be solved, additional IT challenges, including the rising cost of pursuing new opportunities as well as the complexity of joint venture operations also demanded action. Southland’s Israel Sumano lead the way to Workspot on Microsoft Azure.
• Conduct intensive engineer acceptance testing of NVIDIA cloud-based GPUs
• Rollout Workspot Workstation Cloud to designers and BIM managers
• Replace physical GPU workstations with cloud GPU workstations
• Use cloud workstations to simplify and scale joint venture projects
• Replicate cloud workstations in alternate Azure regions for disaster recovery
• Anywhere-productivity with unprecedented performance, using less expensive devices
• Project teams can collaborate in real-time, boosting productivity and creativity
• Access to the best talent, anywhere; onboard new hires instantly & cost-effectively
• Instant access to the latest GPU technology, dynamic scalability, cost effective disaster recovery
“With Workspot, we had a working solution in a week."
“Workspot brought ease of use to a solution that has been very cumbersome in the past. The solution is easy to deploy, simple to use and maintain, and the GPU-acclerated workstations can be deployed in any region of Azure around the world, which delivers stellar performance to our power users.”
Israel Sumano – Senior Director of Infrastructure Services